We are looking for someone familiar with the editorial process, passionate about lifestyle books and with great attention to detail
Who we are and what we do
The Lifestyle and Yellow Kite division at Hodder is one of Britain’s leading publishers of cookery, lifestyle, health and self-help books and is part of the Hodder & Stoughton division of Hachette UK. We are the publishers of brand name authors, including Deliciously Ella, Eckhart Tolle, Gordon Ramsay and Gino d’Acampo, as well as wide range of other authors writing in this space.
What you’ll be doing
Working with a close-knit team of editors at the heart of our editorial team.
- Providing editorial and administrative support to the Publisher and Editorial Director, including but not limited to:
- scheduling new titles
- carrying out administrative tasks in relation to allocated projects
- ensuring sales teams have the material they need
- assisting with cover briefs and ATIs
- ensuring metadata is kept up to date
- arranging meetings, taking minutes, organising diaries
- online research work
- submitting titles for awards
- processing invoices
- Project managing several forthcoming books from manuscript to print/ebook:
- briefing freelancers and checking their work
- liaising with authors to resolve queries
- preparing and/or checking artwork and permissions
- checking proofs and ebooks
- writing and adapting copy
- acting as the main point of contact between the editorial, art and production teams
- Assisting with and actively working across our social media accounts.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is familiar with the editorial process. The successful candidate will be:
- Motivated, enthusiastic and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Passionate about lifestyle, cookery, health, wellness, mind-body-spirit and conscious living
- Interested in process and eager to learn
- Highly organised with a meticulous eye for detail
- Able to multitask and organise effectively
- Confident with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A competent administrator with knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Biblio would be an advantage.
What we offer
Hodder & Stoughton is based at Hachette UK’s riverside headquarters in London and is home to a creative, committed and convivial team of talented colleagues, working together to publish great books we love. You will get the opportunity to gain experience working as part of a small, friendly and collaborative editorial team in Hodder’s extremely successful Lifestyle department on a wide variety of books and digital products. There will be on-the-job training in any systems and processes you are not familiar with.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
Closing date: 22nd July 2019
Salary: from £23,500 depending on experience
To apply click here